Checklist For Pregnant Women Traveling With Urinary Incontinence
Urinary incontinence is a condition wherein the person suffers with loss of bladder control which often gets embarrassing. Its severity ranges from leaking urine while you cough or sneeze to having a sudden urge to urinate. To combat this issue Peeschute has come up with disposable urine bags that can be used as soon as the need arises; it solidifies urine immediately and can be disposed of quickly and is environmentally friendly.
For many women, urinary incontinence is prevalent during pregnancy or after giving birth, as a female body goes through a lot of changes to accommodate the growing baby. The baby is in the uterus which expands to give enough space to the baby leading to increased pressure on the bladder, urethra and pelvic floor muscles. So, with the help of urine bladder bags by Peeschute pregnant women can prevent themselves from any negative impacts on health related quality of life.
Checklist for pregnant women traveling with urinary incontinence
1. Inform your doctor about your travel plans and depending upon the travel time and destination you may need booster shots and vaccinations.
2. If you are traveling via flight you can inform your travel agent in advance and select an aisle seat for you close to the washroom or from where you can exit soon.
3. Plan your trip well in advance and pack things accordingly, you can pack an emergency kit that will include an extra pair of clothes, pee bags for travel,, disposable wipes and medicines if any.
4. To carry continence products you might need extra luggage so do buy it to avoid last minute hustle.
5. Try to avoid beverages like tea, coffee, and alcohol, soft drinks and spicy food as these act as irritants for the bladder.
6. Try to do light exercises or stretching or walking to aid you in proper blood circulation and digestion of food.
7. If you are traveling by road, you can make an itinerary and map out public toilets on the way to your destination and plan your stops likewise.
Now, as with so many new things coming up, disposable urine bags for travel are the most convenient inventions for people suffering with urinary incontinence. This condition is quite common in women worldwide and can be distressing both physically and mentally, it mostly starts in women during pregnancy and can show up again later in life for those who are getting back to their usual self after giving birth. The distress that comes with it is such that physiology and social functions get affected adversely such that shame and embarrassment caused by urinary incontinence may compel women to choose solitary life often leading to depression.
So to avoid such issues one must follow kegel exercises on a regular basis, also with the help of these urine collection bags for adults, it has become easier to cope with urinary incontinence by pregnant women especially, it’s now possible to travel with joy and make your trip enjoyable and memorable.
3 thoughts on “Checklist For Pregnant Women Traveling With Urinary Incontinence”
Excellent article. I definitely appreciate this site. Keep writing!